- General Rules
- Rules for Working with Persons who are Blind or Visually Impaired
- Rules for Working with Persons who are Deaf or Hard of Hearing
- Rules for Working with a Person with a Mobility Disability
- Rules for Working with a Person with a Speech Impairment
- Rules for Working with a Person with a Cognitive Impairment
by Neil Cummins
- Positive language empowers. When working with or speaking about persons with a disability, it is
Picture of a personal trainer working with a person with a disability in a fitness center.
- Persons with disabilities can lead healthy lifestyles.
- Persons with disabilities benefit from exercise.
- The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) makes provisions for persons with disabilities to access fitness centers.
- The rights and wishes of persons with disabilities need to be respected at all times.