- Role of Sleep Duration and Quality in the Risk and Severity of Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus
- Emerging Evidence in Health and Disability: Individuals with Diabetes and Depression May Need More Support for Exercise
- What I Have Learned This Month: Prescribe Nutritional Education/Counseling for Persons with Diabetes
- Role of Yoga in Diabetes
- Type 2 Diabetes: How to Lower Your Risk
- Role of Sleep Duration and Quality in the Risk and Severity of Type 2 Diabetes
A meal plan for persons with diabetes must be balanced with insulin and oral medications, as well as exercise levels, so that blood glucose, blood pressure, cholesterol, and weight can be managed. The meal plan can help an individual determine what types of food to select and how much should be consumed during snack and meal times. By following such a plan, overall health will improve and other health conditions such as heart disease, some forms of cancers, and hypertension can be prevented.