- Focus on Secondary Condition Prevention: Pain is a Major Secondary Condition Among People with Spinal Cord Injury
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Exercise Video List
- Effect of a Holistic Health Promotion Program on Individuals with Spinal Cord Injury
- Metabolic and cardiopulmonary responses to acute progressive resistive exercise in a person with C4 spinal cord injury.
- Strength Training Video for People with Intellectual Disabilities: Warm-Up Stretching
- First Steps to Active Health: Balance and Flexibility Exercises for Older Adults
- Long-term exercise training in persons with spinal cord injury: effects on strength, arm ergometry performance and psychological well-being.
- Physical activity levels are low in free-living adults with chronic paraplegia.
- Blood pressure and heart rate response to isometric exercise: The effect of spinal cord injury in humans.
- Focus on Secondary Condition Prevention: Osteoporosis Risk and Low Bone Mineral Density in People with Spinal Cord Injury
- Review of Effectiveness of Physical Interventions for SCI
- A Protective Prescription for Individuals with Spinal Cord Injuries
- Exercise Guidelines for People with Disabilities
- Seated Stretching
- Gyms Need a Higher Level of Technology To Reach People with Disabilities
- Feeling Good: Exercising with Spinal Cord Injury
- Focus on Secondary Condition Prevention: Inadequate Cardiovascular Disease Prevention in Women with Physical Disabilities
- Pilates for Individuals with Spinal Cord Injury
- Exercise Program for Individuals with Spinal Cord Injuries: Tetraplegia VHS/DVD & Quick Series Booklet
- Exercise Induced Change in Psychological Well-Being among Spinal Cord Injury
- Maintaining or Improving Fitness in Childhood Disorders
- Assessment of holistic wellness program for persons with spinal cord injury
Funding for this video clip series has been provided by:
NCHPAD presents 'Exercise Program for Individuals with Spinal Cord Injuries: Paraplegia'. This video is funded by the Christopher & Dana Reeve Paralysis Resource Center and developed in conjunction with the Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago and the National Center on Health, Physical Activity, and Disability. It is designed for individuals with paraplegia, and features a 25-minute aerobic segment, as well as strengthening, and flexibility segments for a well-rounded exercise program. Warm-up and cool-down exercises are also included. This video is available in DVD and VHS formats. Closed captioning feature is available for both formats.
This video is not intended to be used in place of physical therapy or exercises prescribed by your doctor. It is intended to incorporate physical activity into daily life.
The NCHPAD Quick Series Guide on Exercise for Individuals with Spinal Cord Injuries: Paraplegia is a pocket-sized reference guide on exercise for individuals with paraplegia. This is an excellent resource that can be used to complement the exercise video, or as a guide while exercising in your home or at the fitness center.
To preview the SCI video, please refer to the following sections.