- A Healthy Lifestyle . . . Almost Overnight!
- An Ounce of Prevention
- Effects of Resistance and Endurance Training in Paraplegia
- Effect of resistance training on risk of coronary artery disease in women with multiple sclerosis
- Sled Hockey
- Opening Doors: Why Fitness Facilities Should Make Room for People With Disabilities
- Help in the Garden: The Lawn Care Assisting Device
- Therapeutic effects of strengthening exercise on gait function of cerebral palsy.
- Fitness 1-2-3™ DVD Series: Pull Movement Muscular Training
- Fitness 1-2-3™ DVD Series: Push Movement/Muscular Training
Weight machines are designed to provide resistance for exercising various muscle groups through repetition in which an individual can increase strength and muscular endurance. Individuals can increase strength in their upper and lower extremities while in a stationary position or in their wheelchairs.
A healthy lifestyle is a result of many factors. Some of the most important factors include participation in physical activity and exercise. Exercise is particularly important for individuals with disabilities.