- Growth of Paralympics Helps Change the World's View of Disability
- Sports for Children and Youth with Disabilities
- Table Tennis at the National Veterans Wheelchair Games
- Community Voice: Program Spotlight - RIC Caring for Kids
- Community Voice: RIC Athlete Profile - Mickey Bushnell
- Ice Skating
- Spirit and Success in Motion: A Celebration of Sports and Life Achievement of People with Disabilities
- Sled Hockey
- Murderball - See it!
- Community Voice: Cycling to New Heights: Greta Neimanas
- BulletBall: A Therapeutic Table Sport by Inclusion Sports
- The Rationale and Benefits of Sport Participation for Youth of All Abilities
- A Holiday Physical Activity Gift for Children with Disabilities
Matthew F. Gerhardt, Michigan State University
The Wheelchair Hockey League (WCHL Link) was created to provide an appropriate means for persons in wheelchairs to play hockey and have the chance to engage in the competition and excitement of sport. The WCHL includes players in manual and electric wheelchairs. Players have disabilities such as cerebral palsy, muscular dystrophy, spina bifida, spinal cord injury, and stroke. The league was developed and is run by the players with the assistance of volunteers. A board of directors, consisting of players and one volunteer, makes league decisions.